PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I added my new debit card to my PayPal account and verified my ACH transfers with the same bank the debit card is with. I then requested PayPal to transfer my $50 balance from my PayPal wallet to my debit card and paid the $0.25 fee to have it transferred within 30 minutes. As soon as I clicked complete PayPal notified me that my transfer is under review via email saying - "For security reasons, we need a bit more time to review your transfer request. This process can take up to 24 hours. If it passes our review, we'll release it and then the regular withdrawal timeframe (about 30 mins) will then take effect. We'll email you as soon as we have an update." (No further emails since they've sent this one...)

Is there any way I can help resolve this issue and receive my money? I also have an additional $45 that I want to transfer to my debit card. If I try to transfer that to my debit card now will that also get bumped into a security review since the 1st one is still under review? Anyone have any idea how long this is going to take? So far I've been disappointed with how long every transaction I try to do on PayPal takes! It used to be instantaniously for mostly everything but lately all my transactions hit a dang block of some sort. It makes me look into other services moving forward.I called PayPal and waited on hold for 30 minutes to see if I personally talked to an agent maybe they can help verify that it is my personal debit card and I requested the transfer so there is no need to place a hold on my money for security reasons. The agent told me there's nothing I can do and that it can actually take up to 72 hours(!!) to resolve through their system.

edit - tried to transfer my remaining $45 and same thing happened. ANOTHER security hold. Called paypal again and they could not give me any answers they act completely clueless! Tried to blame it on my bank and this time told me it may take DAYS to get my money. Made ZERO sense with what she was saying. I called my bank and everything is gravy on their end. This is all paypal being shady af. Unhelpful. Stupid. Unintuative. 

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

888hogjames
Contributor
Contributor

I have $150 that was sent to me they put a hold on it for 72 hours now they it's pending with my account having limitations saying that there was suspicious activity from Wells Fargo card <removed> but I made a unauthorized payment and they want me to authorize does Wells Fargo card before I can access my account I don't even have a bank account with Wells Fargo the only thing that I made was the day before I made a cash deposit of $20 at the gas station it shows up that I was deposited but it's not in my account advantest the **bleep**  crooks I can't get no one on the phone it's been like this for a week now what should I do what can I do

Login to Me Too

Astev07
Contributor
Contributor
Hi did you ever receive your money I'm experiencing the same thing if so, how long did it take?
Login to Me Too

Kxllsz
Contributor
Contributor
It has been 6 days for “ instant bank transfer “ and I still haven’t recieved my money. They said after 7 days call them back.
Login to Me Too

beanieme
You should of been calling them every second !
Login to Me Too

aelaan12
Contributor
Contributor

I am running a business - I do not have time to sit on hold for hours on end with a "helpdesk" that does not seem to exist.

Login to Me Too

Katra
Contributor
Contributor

Horrible customer service that only repeats that they are allowed to hold your money. Wondering if anyone report it elsewhere?

Login to Me Too

Urnotalone
Has anyone received their money?
Login to Me Too

Urnotalone
Did you get your money?
Login to Me Too

yup they to,d me it would be over after one particular transaction that was sent to me by a friend for 50 dollars that was weeks ago and itbhas been every transaction since.... 72 hour hold!!! we could die in certain Scenarios without access to our money...WE ARE NOW IN THE MIDDLE OF A **bleep**ING WORLD CRISIS AND THEY WONT GIVE US OUR OWN MONEY FOR FOOD OR SUPPLIES.... LAWYER UP...YOUR **bleep** IS GRASS PAYPAL!!

Login to Me Too

aelaan12
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, I have transferred literally thousands of dollars through the PayPal system and there has never, ever, been a problem.  I went to transfer money in my bank and got the news that they are putting it on "review" for 72 hours.  Hereby they are acting like a bank, this is not allowed by law.  PayPal is a payment processor, I paid 35 dollars in FEES to transfer money that is rightfully mine.  I understand that there is a delay of 2 - 3 business days to transfer to my account but PayPal will only transfer the money after the "review" is completed.

This is a way to extort money by taking interest on the money owed, I bet there is much more than a couple of million dollars in transactions a day globally on this platform.  Mind you the buyer of my product has 100% positive feedback on eBay and I have 100% positive feedback.  Imagine if you held 30 million (just throwing a number out there) and held that for 24 hours how much interest that would bring to the company?  On top of the fees that sellers pay.  It is simply not sustainable to build a business around this platform.  Oh, right, forgot to mention, I have been a PayPal user for 10 years!  And like this they willy nilly hold my money hostage without any probable reason.  The money was on hold for over 12 days while the shipment was in transit and got delivered, with tracking as required and delivered on the same day it was sold and with a signature on delivery.  And now PayPal just tags on another week, just because they flipping can, oh I did mention I paid 35 dollars for this "service" right?  Anyways, this is a forum, PayPal does not give one flying hoot about their FEES PAYING customers.  Have you actually tried to call the helpdesk?  Right... "help desk", "review"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.