PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I added my new debit card to my PayPal account and verified my ACH transfers with the same bank the debit card is with. I then requested PayPal to transfer my $50 balance from my PayPal wallet to my debit card and paid the $0.25 fee to have it transferred within 30 minutes. As soon as I clicked complete PayPal notified me that my transfer is under review via email saying - "For security reasons, we need a bit more time to review your transfer request. This process can take up to 24 hours. If it passes our review, we'll release it and then the regular withdrawal timeframe (about 30 mins) will then take effect. We'll email you as soon as we have an update." (No further emails since they've sent this one...)

Is there any way I can help resolve this issue and receive my money? I also have an additional $45 that I want to transfer to my debit card. If I try to transfer that to my debit card now will that also get bumped into a security review since the 1st one is still under review? Anyone have any idea how long this is going to take? So far I've been disappointed with how long every transaction I try to do on PayPal takes! It used to be instantaniously for mostly everything but lately all my transactions hit a dang block of some sort. It makes me look into other services moving forward.I called PayPal and waited on hold for 30 minutes to see if I personally talked to an agent maybe they can help verify that it is my personal debit card and I requested the transfer so there is no need to place a hold on my money for security reasons. The agent told me there's nothing I can do and that it can actually take up to 72 hours(!!) to resolve through their system.

edit - tried to transfer my remaining $45 and same thing happened. ANOTHER security hold. Called paypal again and they could not give me any answers they act completely clueless! Tried to blame it on my bank and this time told me it may take DAYS to get my money. Made ZERO sense with what she was saying. I called my bank and everything is gravy on their end. This is all paypal being shady af. Unhelpful. Stupid. Unintuative. 

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

bl165

Paypal are so full of it. I usually sell designer goods through depop, and usually every transaction goes smooth. For whatever weird reason, the same thing y'all going through, I'm going through as well. Paypal already deducted -15.00 from the original payment so its f'd up of them to meddle with money that is not theirs like this on top of the fact they already took a fee from the original payment

Login to Me Too

Ericajane0815
Contributor
Contributor
So it wasn't really exactly 24 hours😥🤔😳🤷💔....I'm awaiting release of funds as we speak😱😱😱...This is INSANITY 😈
Login to Me Too

Urnotalone
How long did it take. Going through this now. Help. Rent to pay.
Login to Me Too

JessyeC
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing 745$ from my PayPal to my card they just told me after a week andsome change that it is my bank fault in like ok my bank is fine it's a new excuse everyday and there customer service has issues speaking English all ways story's this will be the last time I use PayPal holding 745$ like....
Login to Me Too

Barkatthemoon77
Contributor
Contributor
Out of curiosity how long did it take you in the end to recieve your funds? Going through the same thing now with a similar amount of money and need it by the end of today or I'll lose the home I'm supposed to be moving in to as this is my deposit.
Login to Me Too

feelinwoozy
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been trying to transfer my $2700 to debit card for a week not was able to transfer $50 a couple times with the 24hr review $20 with same review never the full amount now I can’t transfer anything keep getting denied called customer service they said there’s nothing I can do but to try at a later time which is all I’ve been doing. I’m literally in tears they said try getting off at Walmart it’s 500 daily limit with a 10 dollar fee each time order the card with a 400 daily limit still haven’t gotten it called every damn day I just want my fricking money I will NEVER use PayPal again. I hate PayPal.
Login to Me Too

DonnaPFP
Contributor
Contributor
All of the sudden without warning my last 2 Withdraws were put on hold for security review. Customer service is absolutely no help at all and cannot even tell you what this so called security review is and how to avoid it. I called them and explained that I am with animal rescue and the money that is sent to me are donations for critically sick or injured animals to get emergency vet care and if we cannot withdraw the money then the pet cannot get the EMERGENCY VET CARE they need. Due to this hold 2 extremely sick cats did not get the EMERGENCY care they needed and 1 lost due to this hold. Paypal killed an 11 year old cat named Charlie. After Charlie's people of 11 years broke his heart by dumping him in a very high kill shelter like yesterdays trash without so much as even leaving his name because they could no longer be bothered with him. Paypal then did not give a crap about him and he died. I called Customer Service after Charlie died and explained this to them and the girl told me that my hold would be off in 1-2 hours. I told her if she could guarantee me that hold would be off then I could still get the other critically sick cat to the vet. She guaranteed it would be off so I took the cat to the vet 2 hours later. The hold was never taken off. I called Customer Service again this time talking to a supervisor and he could not explain this Security review or how to avoid it either. Evidently The President of the United States cannot even reverse a security review. Which I frankly consider major BS. Think about all the money going through Paypal on a daily basis and think about all the interest they can make by doing these 24 hr so called security reviews. Yes I am very mad. We are a 501C3 non profit rescue and I spoke to our attorney and from what he explained this is not legal. 1st they must tell you before they put a hold on your money and give you the option of not going forward with the withdraw knowing there will be a hold. They must explain what the review entails and must give you the results of the review. Not to mention this is my 2nd time in a row for this to happen within a week which is not legal. They are not contacting me to verify any information so exactly what is this review other than a scam to make money. Not only is Paypal responsible for a cats death due to the fact they did not honor their word a release the hold that was guaranteed it cost me an extra 350.00 at the vets office because we lost our rescue discount for non payment at time of service. We did not even have that much in donations. Most rescues use paypal to send and receive money and we are already banding together across the US to find an alternate solution and our attorney is working on Justice for Charlie and we will not stop. This security review is nothing more than a Greedy Company to make make money. In my opinion Paypal is headed for a huge class action law suit. RIP sweet Charlie. I am so sorry so many people let you down.
Login to Me Too

aelaan12
Contributor
Contributor

@DonnaPFP First of all - sorry for the kitty, I love cats, well actually I love all animals because they are the only ones without sin.

I have just spoken to my banker, we had coffee together this morning.  I am opening a merchant account with the bank and no longer will be using PayPal no matter how much eBay promotes them.  You are right that this is a scam, as a payment processor they have to process the payment that we pay fees for, oh those fees are of course taken off immediately, sorry buddy that is ours, plus the "review" time of 72 hours (3 days) and their extra "careful" transmission of money that takes at least 4 business days, which makes them hold on the the free money for 7 additional business days which gives another 9 days of interest on money that is not even rightfully their money.  My banker was highly surprised to find out about this "review" and it was added recently to the terms and conditions.

Login to Me Too

LEAHNEW
Contributor
Contributor
If I was you I would stop trying to receive it because basically if you try more than a couple you know once or twice they end up putting a serious security hold on it and you won't be able to do nothing with it and they'll never tell you how to get it out they'll tell you to send it back where it come from so just stop trying to use it and contact them and try to talk to a supervisor or something they do this to you for trying to spend your money they don't want you putting it on a prepaid card or sending it to a bank they are criminals they want you to leave it in their account or use it on their new debit card because that's going to be the advice I give you don't keep trying to use it even though they tell you to keep going in and trying to transfer the money over and over and over do not do it because you will end up getting internally locked out of your account from security and no one can get you unlocked from what they say
Login to Me Too

Fifi197777
Contributor
Contributor
No way this happened to me tonight and the caller told me to keep trying I did 15 times and then said I will only become available in 72 hours dying !!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.