PAYPAL NO LONGER SUPPORTS PAYMAYA

ebg96
Contributor
Contributor

So yeah we're all **bleep** lol

Was this ever mentioned publically? Idk. I wish they gave us months in advance to prepare and make other arrangements for it, but nope. 

For context, this is the same copy+pasted message I posted in the PayPal community >>>>
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/I-keep-getting-asked-to-link-an-already-verified-card...

I took that message, and contacted Paypal Philippines' CS on Facebook, where they responded: 

"Hello xxxx! Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry but we do not support Paymaya anymore. If you have added anymore virtual card, please add a bank card which we support. Also, if you have already added a bank card and though you are receiving the error message, I would like to get a screenshot of the error message and your payment page along with your registered PayPal email address. I will help you accordingly. Thank you. -xxxxx"

As of November 26 2019, there have been posts that go as far back as November 11 with people having this issue, and constantly asking the same questions over and over again. It's questionable why Paypal just didn't mention they don't support Paymaya anymore, nor was it stated publically anywhere. I had to double check on Google, nothing. Its also unfortunate that Paypal doesn't support Paymaya now.

its nightmare-ish that this is happening on holiday season haha. It would be wishful thinking if this post gets enough backlash that they eventually have a partnership again

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

audrim
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, now warning whatsoever from both paypal and Paymaya. I tried my Metrobank debit card but it's also not accepted, I guess Metrobank is not acceptable to the thieves in paypal eh? I've already started transitioning to another payment vendor and advised my freelance teams in the PH to do the same.

Login to Me Too

lippiestick
New Community Member

Are you sure about this? Is this only for Paymaya virtual card? Will the physical card stop working with Paypal too? I just cashed in to Paymaya using Paypal several hours ago and it went through. I linked my physical card (VISA). 

Login to Me Too

Kamputs
New Community Member

They still support the physical card I have my physical card which about to expire this April 2020 and still able to link and withdraw funds from there. While my virtual card which expired last December 2019 even though I renew it in virtual app so that it will be extended until 2024 still no success in linking the updated virtual card.

Login to Me Too

derbybaby
New Community Member

same here i cant widraw on virtual and physical cards now hope paypal give us few weeks to do so

Login to Me Too

codeblank
Contributor
Contributor

I can say it still possible. I just tried to link my paymaya virtual card to paypal and transfer funds from paypal to paymaya. You can see the tutorial I made. Feel free to ask me anything if there's something that is not clear so I can help 🙂

Login to Me Too

StraightFacts
Contributor
Contributor
That's not true at all. Nowhere we can find that PayMaya has been unusable with PayPal. I just used my PayMaya virtual card to make payment last January 2020 for my RentPad subscription. I'm a real estate agent.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.