PAYMENT TO ME IS ON HOLD but I am not a seller

ladyhawk4
Contributor
Contributor
Someone made a payment to me tonight through paypal using their VISA card. Their payment is on HOLD and am not sure why. I an not an eBay seller. Just a regular PayPal account holder. Under the "hold" info, there was a button to click to "get your payment faster". It asked me for seller info. It so happens the payment to me was for a couch I sold someone tonight, so I completed the info. It now says I will be paid in 7 days!  Why wasnt the person's payment to me instant? (As it has been a hundred times before with other people who linked their credit card to their acct) Plus, cannot get through to a live person or email through the site.  Trying to email is useless. I type my question and click NEXT and it takes me to a page telling me sorry, we cannot help you. Give us a call. So I called the number it showe[Removed. Phone #s not permitted], on hold for 10 minutes and they tell me it is the wrong # to call. That # is for paypal credit accounts. They give me another [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] I call it, answer a hundred automated questions, ask for an AGENT, it puts me on hold saying OK, then says sorry, we cannot help you with your issue. Try contacting us via the website. Jesus, mary and joseph, is Mercury in retrograde?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ladyhawk4 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Plus remove that last sentence as well and i 'may' give you advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ladyhawk4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am in the United States.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.