Over 12 hours and my funds have not been transferred yet.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I wanted to withdraw some money from PayPal into my bank account and I received this email saying. "It typically takes 12 hours for your money to appear in your bank account." It's been over 12 hours and I still don't see it. I've called customer service 3 times asking about this. I've gotten mixed answers from agents. These are the reasons I was told: 

1. It being a process of converting USD to CAD. Which should require the balance to sit in your account for 24 hours. I then asked how come it said 12 hours. They then changed their answer and said, 12 hours. But it should be there in 12 hours. I don't understand this reason because I've had plenty of US - CAD transfers and I was able to withdraw it instantly.  

2. Another one said it's a random security check. And there's nothing they can do because the system somehow chose me and I'm on queue. It's interesting that he repeatedly mentioned that it was for my own safety. 

3. I've also had someone told me that it's because its a bigger amount but the process should be over in 12 hours. Well it's been 12 hours. 

PayPal has been incredibly frustrating with all these rehearsed, yet contradicting non-answers. Their customers do not pay all these fees for this kind of service. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Rockymtnmomma
New Community Member

Did it ever get resolved? I have been waiting for a friend to receive EMERGENCY money for 14 hours now!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.