Outstanding money concerns

Charleyjade24
New Community Member

I’ve just been trying to buy through pay pal and it’s popped up saying I have an outstanding amount to pay to pay pal or 17.19, could anyone help me as I’m unsure where this could of came from as I haven’t tried to buy anything previousy? Thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charleyjade24

Check the transactions in your paypal account?

Have you sold anything and had a paypal dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Charleyjade24
New Community Member
Hi, Yes I’ve sold something and had a dispute and it said that it was closed because I sent all evidence to prove I had sent the item? Could this be the reason money has been taken? I don’t understand it the dispute was closed
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charleyjade24

Did you have a tracking number to prove delivery of the item or just proof of postage?

If just the latter then you would lose and paypal would refund the buyer if you hadn't done so and then chase you for the funds.

Could that be the reason?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lionell
Contributor
Contributor
I received a tracking number but when the item supposedly reached Blackburn it “got lost”. The seller asked if I still wanted the item to which I replied yes. PayPal closed the dispute in their favour due to “non communication”. It’s a joke that cost me money! Since this dispute was closed I haven’t heard a thing from the seller and they don’t even respond to my emails.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.