Ongoing autowithdrawal issue and paypal support not helping

obiwankenobi279
Contributor
Contributor

Hello from Bosnia.

I've been using paypal for years troublefree. Each first of the month I'd get my money automatically transfered to my card.

On  November 1st 2019 I got an email from paypal saying my funds were transfered but they were not. I contacted paypal support via twitter and got not help really. They say it is an ongoing issue, but have not been able to provide any kind of details.

On December 1st 2019 I have not received any email from paypal and, of course, my funds have not been transfered.

Meanwhile I googled looking for any more details and found out some users have manually withdrawn their funds and have been refunded by paypal for $5 manual withdrawal fee (examples found at klix.ba  forum). So I send a message to paypal support via twitter and again same old things "ongoing issue" "we appologise" and so on....and, of course, "I am extremely sorry, we do not have an option to credit any money."

It seems to me there is no issue, paypal just wants to take additional $5 for every time I withdraw money to card. It would be fair to say so I can know what to expect. In over one month time period you can make totally new system, I just do not believe that there is an issue which can take so long to be resolved. I have not expected such unprofesional manners from a notable company like paypal. Extremly dissapointed.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.