Notification of On hold pending money

TessyTess143
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys,

So I have a friend and he sent money using ""Friend and Family" so after he sent the money the amount appear on my account and got a notification that the money is pending, so my friend contacted paypal and asked what happened. So the paypal representative said to him that the billing address on his account and on his card is different that's why the transaction seems suspicious, so we decided to cancel that transaction even though my friend provided a ID a confirmation that he did the transaction and it's not an unauthorized transaction.  So everything is good paypal just issued a refund to him, however the notification was not remove on my account saying "Money you receive from buyers is in your on hold balance and will be moved to your available balance after the order is fulfilled. " even though that transaction was already resolved, when I click that notification there's no any pending case or open case that need to resolve. Now my other friend send a money to my paypal again (different friend) and of course we use friends and family since we don't have any transaction or Im not selling any item to him, then the funds appear on my account its available. The issue is I cant withdraw the money or I cant send it to anyone saying that my account has a restriction because of the notification of "Money you receive from buyers is in your on hold balance and will be moved to your available balance after the order is fulfilled." that issue was resolve but that notification keep appearing on my end and when I click that notification there's no any issue or case, it seems that notification was not removed after the first issue was resolve, now I'm stuck and my money on paypal cant withdraw because of that notification and I tried to talked to a representative and insisting that the money is on hold even though the money is available on my account already. Now I don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TessyTess143 ,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some Payment Holds on your account. I can understand how they can be a bit frustrating and confusing. I'd recommend reviewing this Help Center article that is All About Holds. It gives some great insight as to the why, the how, and what you can do to still manage your account efficiently with Payment Holds. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.