Nothing works.

Pontius
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment in US dollars from Canada. In South Africa where I live First National Bank is linked to PayPal. I don't have an account with FNB (the bank). My bank says I must deal with FNB, FNB say I don't have an account with them. This vicious circle needs to be broken.      I have money with PayPal, all I want is to withdraw it. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

PS. Incidentally, when I ask on PayPal to link my PayPal account to another bank, up comes a US bank. No other options. Am going MAD!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Pontius,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Sorry to hear you're running into some issues transferring funds out of your account. In South Africa, it looks like you will need an FNB Online Banking Profile. If you don't bank with FNB, you can create a free FNB Online Banking profile and link your PayPal account to your South African bank account. Here's an article with more information: How do I transfer money to my bank account?

Hope that helps,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.