Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification sms

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Not receiving verification sms

Same issue. I'm in KAzakhstan, and none of local operators are getting SMS form PayPal.

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you're each not receiving the verification SMS from PayPal. If you've checked with your provider to ensure that you are not filtering or blocking any types of texts, please also make sure that you are not blocking any specific numbers in your device's local settings as well. 

If both those things have been checked, you can call customer service to report the issue so that a representative can take the report and forward it to our technicians to look into.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

Same problem for me. I contacted Paypal twitter support and Paypal phone support, nobody could help me. It's very frustrating to be blocked to use this service. And more frustrating is Paylpal denying the existence of this issue for us.

Highlighted

Hello Everyone, I'm sorry to hear of the problem getting through to us.  If you're unable to receive the SMS you can always call us as a guest.  Regrettably, I can't guarantee when you will get through to a teammate as they answer the calls in the order in which they are received.  We will definitely, pass on your feedback to our engineers. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

MichelleW

Highlighted

trying this
Highlighted
Contributor

Contacting PayPal by phone currently requires text msg authentication - unless you’re willing to wait 15 mins to be automatically redirected. Can you fix that please? Then I will try calling again. Also why not give your agents the ability to test your text messaging system? When I called they weren’t able to test it yet they claimed it must be a problem with my service provider.
Highlighted
Contributor

Please, you must escalate this issue to your Engineers. It's a real problem affecting a lot of people. You pay those guys to work to help your customers, so you need to escalate this as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Contributor

Problem solved by my provider. Don't know exactly what was done.
Highlighted
Contributor

I keep getting those Paypal emails asking me to update my personal info, in particular the contact number. They must assume that everyone has a smart phone??  I do, but it is a pay as you go phone. I receive and send  text messages without a problem and do receive security numbers from other systems. Just the Paypal one that does not work, it seems. It should be Paypal that makes this 100% foolproof. For now, I will just ignore the requests to update. If my Paypal account stops working, so be it!

Highlighted
New Community Member

Same here in China, I cant get verification for the mobile phone number, also got blocked in the app for so many tries!! Emailed Paypal but hasnt got replies yet