Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

PayPal_Donna

@dztang,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

FREEAGENT
Contributor
Contributor

Donna,

If this was an account specific problem, you would not have hundreds on just forum alerting you to the problem. Other, me included, just ignore the request to have a verification sms sent. The Paypal alert system is broken. Don't just sluff off those who are trying to help you get this fixed. Send this thread to your management to let them know that something needs to be done. Alerts from other companies come through fine. Just Paypal has the problem.

Login to Me Too

Johnboy19
Contributor
Contributor

I,  and hundreds of others, demand that you FIX this problem on your side. How about sending a FOUR figure authentication code AND making available the option to send the code by email AND make the option for you to phone us?

Login to Me Too

Guyo83
Contributor
Contributor
This did not help, there are hundreds of users still having this issue. Reopen this ticket.
Login to Me Too

YvesG7
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with SMS like everyone else and no, my carrier doesn't block it.  No, it's not a setting on my phone or carrier as I receive from every one else SMS for dual auth and no, don't tell me that PayPal doesn't have my number as if I go to the link "having problem logging in", it then send me the SMS code.

Next option please?

Login to Me Too

I have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

Coconutdog
Contributor
Contributor

Rubbish. I get SMS from all other organisations including Microsoft & Adobe. Why would my provider filter out PayPal. Poor excuse. Fix it.

Login to Me Too

Annbulance
Contributor
Contributor

This has not been solved, still having problem November 2020

Login to Me Too

Stanpiper
No this didn’t work
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.