Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

HondVanBabylon
Contributor
Contributor

Completely ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

Temp20220916G
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem with T-Mobile in the Netherlands. Has anyone found an actual solution?
Login to Me Too

siiva108
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue, in Canada. I tried 3 different mobile numbers, all on different networks, and haven't received the sms code on any of them. HELP!!

Login to Me Too

normacarole100
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem in Jamaica
Login to Me Too

Brightonuk
Contributor
Contributor

Spoke to T-Mobile they had me re-set the phone which cleared all my blocked contacts apparently I has inadvertently had blocked Paypal

As I had hundreds of blocked contacts (Fricking Spammers) the reset to defaults cleared all of them out and I received my auth code from Paypal

Mine is a Samsiung S8

Settings > About Phone > Reset > Reset Settings (Reset Setting to their defaults)

Hope it helps 

Login to Me Too

Temp20220916H
Contributor
Contributor
I tried this solution and it worked reset to defaults and i somehow must have blocked paypal so not paypal fault afterall it was me. Anyway all good again.
Login to Me Too

Landymoan
Contributor
Contributor

I wouldn't mind, but i don't use my phone for anything other than calls and texts. I'm just trying to log in to my account!!!!!

What use is security if it stops EVERYONE from getting in?

Login to Me Too

Donchov
I have the same issue and PayPal support don’t seem to be very cooperative
Login to Me Too

doodle485

I had the same problem (UK) and came on this forum to try to find an answer. After logging in to the forum (which didn't need an SMS) I found I was able to log into my Paypal account too with no SMS requirement. No idea why this worked, but very glad that it has!

Login to Me Too

Samvega

Happening to me in the UK also.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.