Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

Aimadacor
New Community Member

Not receiveng the SMS, no filters enabled and when I click "Try another way" there's NOT another way. Getting sick of it really....

Login to Me Too

tgyamibakura
Contributor
Contributor
I've called and tech support seems unconcerned by the issue on all levels.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi @tgyamibakura,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I know you and many others here have had a problem with this feature and I understand why that would be upsetting.

As the marked solution for this post states, it can be a setting on your phone and it is best to contact your phone services provider for assistance. In my experience, there are additional other factors that can come into play.

Those include:

• The telephone contract is in a name that does not match your PayPal account.
  • The telephone services provider's network is not considered secure enough. This has been the case with providers such as Cricket in the past. However, I think they may have resolved that issue.
  • The telephone contact is a business plan and not a personal plan. If the number is registered to a business, it may not be able to confirm your identity.
  • You may be in a poor service area. 

I hope that this list of possible issues help illustrate what the problem might be for you and many others. As a payment processor, PayPal's technical teams aren't really equipped to troubleshoot issues with your mobile phone's SMS settings but these are some common reasons this feature doesn't work. At this time, new updates have been released to help verify an account holder's PayPal account in different ways. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Swotty67
Contributor
Contributor

More concerned about appearing unconcerned then?!  This is the only thing I've seen you reply to...AH's

Login to Me Too

I will try to reply to this post and see if it works for me, too.

Login to Me Too

recon2012
Same problem on two accounts, both on my Russian and Israeli (very real) credentials. This is just outrageous. Trying this as well.
Login to Me Too

_Bann3r_

I have the problem too. When are these lazy people at PayPal gonna fix this!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Lephantis

I'm unable to receive the verification sms 😞

Login to Me Too

MarioSwe
New Community Member
Same for me, tried several times now. I downloaded the app instead an then i could log in and transfer money
Login to Me Too

eee_alex
Contributor
Contributor
I have same issue with Belarusian mobile operator.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.