Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

chantelle21
Contributor
Contributor

Worst service ever. 

I have the same problem.  No way of contacting an agent. The large the company is the worst it's customer support. 

I just sent an e-mail to Earth-2 and Coinbase that I WILL NOT INVEST solely because you only use Paypal as an option. No way. 

This problem would be solved. We don't have access to customer support. 

No E-MAIL ADDRESS where to contact. 

Login to Me Too

jimthurston

I cannot receive text messages where I live (no signal), and now I cannot login to PayPal at all to change the number to a landline.  So that's it, my relationship with PayPal is over because of this decision.  Thanks and goodbye.

Login to Me Too

Joseph-a
Contributor
Contributor
Having the same issue. Verified with my provider, there are no filters...
Login to Me Too

Achbah
Contributor
Contributor
Same probleme
Login to Me Too

bugskaye

Just tried to enable 2-factor authentication today, and now I can say that Paypal's SMS system is malfunctioned!

I'm at Hongkong. Tried many times and different phone numbers from two service provider, no any SMS can be received!

Use same phone number in Apple, SMS can be received quickly.

Paypal, please check you side! Definitely not because of blocking by the service provider!

Login to Me Too

Achbah
Contributor
Contributor
Same probleme to this day
Login to Me Too

Guyo83
Contributor
Contributor
Still having the same issue as well as 100's of other PayPal users, what is going on?
Login to Me Too

eclc1924
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to post

Login to Me Too

WillFromGuam
New Community Member
Called the phone company and they said I need to call PayPal. Called PayPal and their office is closed? No 24 hour support for a global company? Cmon Elon Musk.
Login to Me Too

dztang
Contributor
Contributor

paylpal,

it’s not solved, should switch back to open. There is no filter on the service provider side. No SMS text message received from PayPal. The problem is on the PayPal side.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.