Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

palex99
Contributor
Contributor

Oldest trick in the book

Login to Me Too

Swotty67
Contributor
Contributor

WTF does that mean?

Login to Me Too

bigmistqke
Contributor
Contributor

trying too

Login to Me Too

arammah

I tried two different phone numbers but none of them worked.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @arammah,

Welcome to the community. 

You may not have gotten a mobile text from us because there’s a filter on your phone for text messages. We recommend that you contact your mobile service provider and ask to allow all text messages on your phone, specifically from short numbers.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

wsaelan
I called my provider and they said that they did not have any issue
Login to Me Too

faraway23
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem also happened to me. My service provider is Telkomsel (from Indonesia) and they don't filter any of my messages. I'm truly confused.
Login to Me Too

nocontexteeya

still doesn't work in Canada

Login to Me Too

workless
Contributor
Contributor

I did call my phone service provider and their technical support checked the logs and there were no attempts by PayPal to send me an SMS.  So it looks like it is a problem on the PayPal side.  364 people reporting having this problem here (and that's just the ones who bothered to login using the security questions instead of the text message authentication!).  Since it's almost impossible to get through to a PayPal customer service agent without the text message authentication I think we'll have to find an alternative payment provider.  I just hope I can get my money out!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.