Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification sms

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Not receiving verification sms

Oldest trick in the book

I tried two different phone numbers but none of them worked.

Highlighted

Hi @arammah,

Welcome to the community. 

You may not have gotten a mobile text from us because there’s a filter on your phone for text messages. We recommend that you contact your mobile service provider and ask to allow all text messages on your phone, specifically from short numbers.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I called my provider and they said that they did not have any issue
Highlighted
Contributor

Same problem also happened to me. My service provider is Telkomsel (from Indonesia) and they don't filter any of my messages. I'm truly confused.
Highlighted

still doesn't work in Canada

Highlighted
Contributor

I did call my phone service provider and their technical support checked the logs and there were no attempts by PayPal to send me an SMS.  So it looks like it is a problem on the PayPal side.  364 people reporting having this problem here (and that's just the ones who bothered to login using the security questions instead of the text message authentication!).  Since it's almost impossible to get through to a PayPal customer service agent without the text message authentication I think we'll have to find an alternative payment provider.  I just hope I can get my money out!

Highlighted
Contributor

Having the same issue. Verified with my provider, there are no filters...
Highlighted

Just tried to enable 2-factor authentication today, and now I can say that Paypal's SMS system is malfunctioned!

I'm at Hongkong. Tried many times and different phone numbers from two service provider, no any SMS can be received!

Use same phone number in Apple, SMS can be received quickly.

Paypal, please check you side! Definitely not because of blocking by the service provider!

Highlighted
Contributor

Still having the same issue as well as 100's of other PayPal users, what is going on?