Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

vinnodevega
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i'm indonesian too. for a few weeks i tried but nothing happen. tried to sent OTP on my XL Axiata and Telkomsel but i didn't received the OTP, any advice ? how to confirm my phone number ?

Login to Me Too

MrLister
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal doesn't even seem to need the SMS verification code. Twice now this month I received no SMS, but I could click "Not now" to skip the verification and the payment went through anyway.

Login to Me Too

scharyu
New Community Member

The same issue. For a long time still cannot receive that. I'm from Kazakhstan, but there were never any troubles with messages from any another, even much less popular services, with getting this SMS.

Tele2 (Kazakhstan operator), iPhone Xs, iOS 12.4 (but i'm not sure, that this is connected with your phone and OS)

Login to Me Too

Barasa1
Seems Paypal doesn't know how to solve the issue either. I wonder why they never reply.
Login to Me Too

Mic0
New Community Member

Not receiving confirmation sms as well, I'm from Italy. The last one I received was on March 26th. 

Login to Me Too

ddanilo
New Community Member

Same problem here! I always received SMS right now no... It's so frustrating 😞 

Login to Me Too

DanDaniel
Contributor
Contributor

wish they'd fix it already!

Login to Me Too

yangirov
New Community Member
Not receiving the sms for login in system within 5 days. My provider is Yota in Russia.
Login to Me Too

AceBrightE

I get the text message and it is blank. My husband suggested using a different app to open the SMSs and for him it worked but not for me.

Login to Me Too

Premierestc
Contributor
Contributor
Testing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.