Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

I installed the PayPal App about a week a ago and I still cannot receive a 6 digit code yet, I'm very frustrated because I have money wainting to be sent to me but hey **bleep** the customers right!? IN MY OPINION EVERYONE SHOULD GO WITH CASH APP WAY EASY TO USE AND EASY PROCESS TO APPLY
Login to Me Too

trying idea hope it works.same prblm for me

Login to Me Too

Grubhart
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here i'm from Peru, i want to activate 2FA and i don't receive the sms, this is really a problem since my account is not totally secure without this

Login to Me Too

Ansisj
Contributor
Contributor
Add to your contacts list: Name: PayPal Phone number: 62226 Or change Sms app on Android.
Login to Me Too

Riyodj
Contributor
Contributor
I've tried to add paypal phone numver +62 226 But still no effect. I've changed my sms app to google sms app.
Login to Me Too

TaniaGaleano
New Community Member
Same problem here, I'm from Nicaragua.
Login to Me Too

Riyodj
Contributor
Contributor
I cant verify my phone. I tried to verify it by sms verification but no sms delivered to me. So i cant enter the verification number. Indonesian with Telkomsel. I've been trying this about a weeks, but still no sms verification.
Login to Me Too

mamuf
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Doesn't matter if I click the "Resend" button. No text message received.

Is anyone from PayPal actually reading these community forums?

Login to Me Too

kurasdan

I have IOS12  on an iPhone 8.  I'm trying to purchase extended services from an app via the app itself.  I get the window that PayPal is sending a verification code to my phone and press "Continue".  I then get an new blank white screen.  I have no problem with regular text messaging.

Login to Me Too

Ririri
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I'm from Indonesia using Telkomsel. I'm using iPhone 8+. Tried restarting the phone, resending the sms, nothing works.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.