Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @arammah,

Welcome to the community. 

You may not have gotten a mobile text from us because there’s a filter on your phone for text messages. We recommend that you contact your mobile service provider and ask to allow all text messages on your phone, specifically from short numbers.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

CamielK
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, not receiving the sms for login or payments. Has been happening since at least 2 days

My provider is T-mobile Netherlands on a Oneplus 5T

Login to Me Too

Temp20231024ap
New Community Member

Same here. Issue is known to PayPal-techs, but they don't seem to be bothered by it, as there is zero communication about at least working on the problem. Issue appears to exist for some months and is not limited to T-mobile.

Maybe we should all leave PayPal and move back to iDeal and credit cards.

Since there is no other 2FA method available on PP (LOL! Idiots!), all we can do is revert to the good old User/Password....

Come ON! This is 2018, not 1998 anymore.

Login to Me Too

megaMike2021
Contributor
Contributor

I too have this problem for about one month.  I do not received the SMS sent to my mobile, but I do receive the phone call made to the same mobile number.  Very strange.  Glad others are having the same problem though.  Misery loves company.

C'mon Paypal, fix this!

Login to Me Too

Temp20220916F
Smae problem for me...
Login to Me Too

Esooo
New Community Member

KarelV
New Community Member
Same here. Pretty inconvenient since I use a lot of apps and services with Paypal. Hope to see this resolved! Belgian Operator: Base Device: Iphone 8 running ios 12
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same thing, I am with AT&T, one of the largest mobile company in USA, not sure if that matters, but AT&T is not blocking paypal whatsoever, it's definitely a paypal issue, please, paypal, you are losing money and making life hard for us loyal users, please fix your backend system to allow mobile text to go through.

Login to Me Too

megaMike2021
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to post a reply in this forum, and of course PayPal wants to send me an SMS.  Since there was no other option, I pressed the button to request a code via SMS.  And you know what?  It worked?!?!?!?  I have no idea why this suddenly worked, but it did.

I was going to ask in this forum if anyone knew a telephone number or e-mail address to contact PayPal directly to complain.  Maybe someone can post this information because it appears like many people here can benefit from this.

For the time being, it appears like my problem is solved.  Hopefully for good.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.