Not able to link NZ Bank Account

KL17
New Community Member

When trying to link my NZ Bank Account, PayPal asks for the 6 digit bank number, then my 11 digit account number.  My account number is only 10 digits, and I get an error message ("the information you entered is incorrect" - it's not!!!).  Can anyone help please?  My bank account number is in the following format: xx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxx

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KL17 

The first two groups is bank and branch number (don't enter dashes).

Account number will be the account number and suffix, the second two groups. Some banks give you 3 digit suffix but use only the last two digits.

Basically, if your account number is 12-1234-0123456-000, you'd enter it as bank number or code "121234", account number "0123456-00".

Try this and see if it lets you link it and check for two small deposits into your bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KL17
New Community Member

Hey, thanks for your reply!  No, doesn't work as it's asking me for 11 digits, and won't accept the 10 digits I have 

Login to Me Too

KL17
New Community Member

So, I put in the bank number and that's fine (the first 6 digits, as it asks for) , but it won't accept the account number (I haven't put the dashes in).  It's asking for 11 digits, I only have 10. So I put it in and I get an error message and a red box around the Bank Account number section with the message, "check your account number and try again".  

My bank account number is as follows: (bank number) xx-xxxx (account number) xxxxxxx-xxx

What am I missing?  I don't understand!!!  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hello @KL17

As you are having trouble adding a bank I would suggest contacting Customer Support. You can locate their contact number by clicking on 'Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal page, then select 'Call us'. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.