Not able to add money to my Paypal balance

Deswho
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All

I have been unable to add any meaningful amount of money to my PayPal balance from any of the verified bank accounts attached to my PayPal account.

I have 3 PNC accounts and 1 TD account linked to my PayPal

I also have 2 TD Debit cards linked to my PayPal  

****Should be noted that I added $13,000.00 to my PayPal balance in a 3 week period.

***$5,000 Transfer from TD

***$5,000 Transfer from TD 

***$3,000 Transfer from TD 

****Should also be noted that the only reason I even had to transfer money into my PayPal account was because  the "instant transfer" payment method wasn't available to me at checkout on eBay  

Everything went smooth and I was able to make my eBay purchase using my PayPal balance.

I received my purchase and I and the seller left positive feedback.

But now when I went to add funds from my PNC account to My Paypal last night it would not let me do so.

I've tried all size transfers from large to small ($20.00 small) and nothing would work.

So I contacted customer support via chat and was told for some reason "security" was not letting me transfer funds into PayPal. And that if I wanted to make a larger purchase that I should have the Ebay seller send an invoice for the purchase and that might make the instant transfer available to me.

I have not tried this yet.

But what I did try was a small $20.00 transfer from my TD account to Paypal and it went thru today. Nothing larger would work. I also tried the same size transfer from my PNC account and it did not work.

Could someone please assist me here 

thank you guys 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why are you adding this much money to your PayPal account? If you are trying to send money. Use wire transfer. You are conducting high-risk behavior with your PP account so perhaps the security system is blocking you and still blocking the bank accounts for your security.

And you do not need to add money to your PayPal account in order to pay with your bank account. If instant transfer is not available you can probably use eCheck and the seller just waits until they receive payment in their PayPal account to continue processing and shipping your order.

And take PayPal's advice to ask seller for invoice and you can use instant transfer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.