No ssn and bank account

Riri891
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm originally from France but I live in the US, I don't have a bank account or a social security number, how can I get money out? I closed my French bank account 6 years ago so transferring the money there isn't an option.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riri891 

Sorry, but you'll need a bank account to withdraw. Or, you can apply for an ITIN from the IRS and enter the number into your PayPal account to convert the PayPal balance it to a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance account to be able to pay with your PayPal balance if you do not want to open a bank account. Even if you had a French bank account, you couldn't add it to a US PayPal account anyway. It has to be linked to FR PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riri891 

Sorry, but you'll need a bank account to withdraw. Or, you can apply for an ITIN from the IRS and enter the number into your PayPal account to convert the PayPal balance it to a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance account to be able to pay with your PayPal balance if you do not want to open a bank account. Even if you had a French bank account, you couldn't add it to a US PayPal account anyway. It has to be linked to FR PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MeToo13
New Community Member
Called and on hold for hours , messaged no help there either. Is PayPal become a scam and doesn’t give a fig about clients anymore, dreadful service. No help, no replies, no contact stay away folks . Not one single person there has bothered or cares to help us the client.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.