No option to add money to account, need to refund a customer from ebay.

mercedesman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I wanted to refund a customer from ebay, but it was denied on ebay due to paypal. Paypal denied it because I have no funds in my paypal account. I do not have any option to add to my paypal account, I have a confirmed checking account and debit card with paypal.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mercedesman 

You can refund via funds in your paypal balance OR a bank account if you are in the US?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mercedesman
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the US. Member of paypal 10 years. My bank account on file for about 7 years and I do not have the option. Customer support is saying I have to upload a passport, proof of address and SSN and then the option might appear in 7 business days. My customer is going to be angry. Are there any other options?

@kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mercedesman 

In that case it must be because you have a personal account and so this policy has come into force............

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mercedesman
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I've read that. So I need to set up paypal cash account or plus account? Why did paypal customer service say all I needed to do was provide SSN, passport information and address information?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mercedesman 

Because thats part of the i.d. required to set one up.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.