No option to add another bank account (already have 2)

fitmomuv3
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to add a new bank account, but the options on the page keep going to no option to add.  I go to Wallet, click on "add a bank" and it brings up the two accounts that are currently linked, but when I click under "profile" and "add or edit bank account" the page does not move.  It has highlighted my primary account, but does not give me the option to add one.  Is there a glitch?  I just want to add another account!  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Cristina

Hi fitmomuv3,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. You can add up to 8 bank accounts to your PayPal account. Each bank account can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time. You may be unable to add your bank account if:

• The bank account is already active on 2 PayPal accounts. A bank account cannot be active on 3 PayPal accounts at the same time. Try removing the bank account from the PayPal account it’s currently linked to. There is help if you forgot your login details.
  • The bank account has been linked to 3 PayPal accounts (in total) in the past. A bank account cannot be linked to any more than 3 PayPal accounts over its lifetime.
  • The name on the bank account does not match the name on the PayPal account.
  • The bank account is already active on a PayPal account that has a limitation or a balance below zero.

Unfortunately, some bank accounts that are not compatible with PayPal, including most online only or prepaid bank accounts.

If you need further clarification, please contact us. If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage. If you're running into repeated issues, it may be best to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can look into the issue further.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

fitmomuv3
Contributor
Contributor

Cristina,

Thank you for your response.  My issue is none of the above, this is a bank account, in my name, that is not linked to another PayPal account - the issue is that I cannot even get to the page to add it, because when I do try to add it, the page doesn't even pull up to enter in the information.  

It's been a couple days, so I will try again today.  

Sarah

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.