No available supervisors or card services?

Jcaldera78
Contributor
Contributor
On March 20th I attempted to pay a bill on the website texastag.org for a toll bill. However, it kept giving me an error on their site. I tried 3 times. I then noticed that the paypal cash debit mastercard I was using to make the payment now had 23.86 pending 3 times. A total of 71.58 has been pending my PayPal account for more than 10 business days. Ive been messaging customer service and they've told me to contact mastercard services, however there is no one available to take calls. No matter what time of day I call it gives me the message that paypal customer service is closed and not taking calls. So I messaged again only to receive the very same message. I guess they don't bother to look into the messages or account because I had already typed "please don't give me the card services number, as there is no one taking calls." Then they told me to call the texas tag people and get them to cancel the pending charges. I did that twice, and spoke with a manager. They have no funds and they informed me that they have no way to cancel anything because it is not in their system that anything was taken. That all pending charges drop off in 3 to 5 business days on their end, which is why they cannot see it. They said to contact my bank, that you have to release the pending charges at this point. I informed them that it isn't bank but a paypal debit card. They said I have to contact PayPal. That company does not have payment nor any transactions to cancel. And therefore paypal has those 71 dollars. I'm a single (normally) working mom of 3, with a fulltime job and online learning for 3 kids, this money is very necessary at this point! Yesterday through chat, a chat representative told me that I had to wait for the covid 19 situation to be over before I received my money back because I should care about the health of others before my own needs. How can I feed my kids if PayPal refuses to release my money? Also, she stated there is no one remotely working from home and no supervisors available for my message to be forwarded to. How is that possible? PayPal, as huge of a company as they are does not have the technological nor financial resources to provide their employees with the internet, computer and headset needed to provide customer service from home? I know companies smaller than PayPal that are capable of doing that. And even so, no supervisors available to forward an email message to? In all my years of working in customer service, never has there been no supervisors available, not even through email. I'm here because I don't know where else to go with this. Someone please give me some advice. Thank you for reading.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jcaldera78 

Pending authorizations cannot be canceled by PayPal. They expire in no longer than 30 days if the merchant does not have a transaction to void the authorization from. Now if the transactions are marked "Completed" then you may dispute those charges. I had a similar incident recently with a Pending charge on my card, it went from pending to completed but then a day or two later, the charge were refunded and I was tempted to dispute too. So you have to be patient. If it has been more than 30 days, you still have 180 days to dispute it if transactions are marked completed and not refunded on its own.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jcaldera78 

Pending authorizations cannot be canceled by PayPal. They expire in no longer than 30 days if the merchant does not have a transaction to void the authorization from. Now if the transactions are marked "Completed" then you may dispute those charges. I had a similar incident recently with a Pending charge on my card, it went from pending to completed but then a day or two later, the charge were refunded and I was tempted to dispute too. So you have to be patient. If it has been more than 30 days, you still have 180 days to dispute it if transactions are marked completed and not refunded on its own.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jcaldera78
Contributor
Contributor
Omg thank you so very very much! All I wanted was an answer and time expectation. First time anyone's ever mentioned anything like that! Any answer is sufficient and better than being dismissed and rerouted. Thank you over and over again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.