No Surname. How to transfer money?

valentine87
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

My Name is Valentine. and I don't have any surname in all my documents.
But when i make PayPal Account. PayPal need 2 names, so i put my name double into Valentine Valentine as my PayPal Account name.

I tried to transfer money (for the first time) from PayPal Account to my Bank Account, but it was failed because PayPal found "INVALID BANK INFORMATION". I think it is because my name between PayPal Account and Bank Account don't match.

Can anyone help me:

1. How i solve this problem? Can i edit my PayPal Account to my real name, which is only ONE NAME?
2. Where i should give my proofs (all documents data i have for example passport, id, bank book) to PayPal so they accept and allow me to have ONE NAME for my PayPal Account?
3. Is there a time limit for me to take care of all this? is there any experience of you if this is not taken care of immediately, then my money cannot be taken?

4. I live in Indonesia, anyone have experience if maybe i can contact PayPal Help Center through phone so i can solve this problem faster?

Thank you so much. I hope anyone can help me.

Warm Regards,

Valentine

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@valentine87 

I don't know if this will work but you can request a "Update your name - Use your full name instead of a nickname, for example" by going to Your Profile (cog Icon) and delete "Valentine" from Last Name field and insert a blank space instead. Then upload supporting ID or Passport docs that just has your one name. Don't know how long it will take as it varies widely depending on your specific case.

To contact customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Try contact via social media:

Facebook (Indonesia): https://id-id.facebook.com/PayPal

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@valentine87 

I don't know if this will work but you can request a "Update your name - Use your full name instead of a nickname, for example" by going to Your Profile (cog Icon) and delete "Valentine" from Last Name field and insert a blank space instead. Then upload supporting ID or Passport docs that just has your one name. Don't know how long it will take as it varies widely depending on your specific case.

To contact customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Try contact via social media:

Facebook (Indonesia): https://id-id.facebook.com/PayPal

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

valentine87
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker Thank you so much for your help. I am now waiting for PayPal feedback. I already Change my name to Valentine only and make the second box blank (I choose "Incorrect Name" as my reason to change my name. And i already upload my Photo ID and sent it. Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@valentine87 

Cool, you're welcome, hope you can get it fixed. 🙂

Login to Me Too

valentine87
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @sharpiemarker thank you for your information before. I submit my documents to proof my real name twice and don't get any feedback for almost two weeks. so i use you another help option, CALL the customer service. i did it just now and it SOLVED! Thank you so much for your help!

And for all who have the same problem like me, here is the story so you can fix your problem faster

-My real name is: VALENTINE (I only have 1 name, without surname)
-but when i first time make PayPal, i used Valentine Valentine because this is my first time using PayPal so i don't know how to put two names when PayPal need Surname. Then i put Valentine as my name and Valentine as my surname. so i double my name become Valentine Valentine

-and it become a problem when i want to transfer money from Paypal to my bank account because the name doesn't match. so after 2-4 days, my money back to PayPal again.

- and i ask to forum. How to change my name. and glad @sharpiemarker help me with information above.

- but i already submit my PHOTO ID when i first submit to change my name (i identified my problem as "Wrong Name"). and didn't get feedback.

- So i sent second submit with PHOTO ID and BANK ACCOUNT BOOK with my only one name on it. I wait for days but didn't get feedback.

- So i pick @sharpiemarker another solution. i call customer service. Glad that they provide BAHASA as communication service. for you who are not english speaking, glad to use PayPal because they provide another language as communication service.

- And just in minutes, they asked about the information of mine like my real name, my last four digits of bank account, my email, and my documents i had submit as proof to change my name. And she change my name. 

- my PayPal name become Valentine . (with dots). and i should log in to my PayPal, remove my bank account information then re-add the bank account information again. and try to transfer to my bank account.

- Success. and now i am waiting for 2-4 days to get my money on my bank account.

So thank you so much for the helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.