No Friends or Family Option to send payment

Viiper
Contributor
Contributor

im trying to send a payment as friend or family but the only option i see is to pay for goods or service and im not paying for any good or service, i just want to send my friend money, any reason why this occur?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

lop4
New Community Member

Do you know when it could be available in Qatar/Middle east region?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lop4 

No one on here is privy to what paypal does or does not offer or when unfortunately.  🙂

However have you looked into xoom and see if that would be an option in your country?

https://www.xoom.com/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Schmood1971 

That does not help @BUZZYBEE-1 as he is in Qatar where the friends/family option is NOT available.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shaunkaplan
New Community Member

Is it available in Panama?

Login to Me Too

M2K2

I also used this method to send $95 to a friend.  I did not chose payment protection and then selected the send to someone I trust ... but PayPal charged me a $3.08 fee.  I then wasted 30 minutes trying to find a way to select “family and friends” but it cannot be found. Tried to contact PayPal, but was only able to send them a text chat; which I never heard back on.  Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@M2K2 

The trusted person option is the same as friends/family and IF available in your country then its only free if you fund it from funds in your balance or bank account, if you fund it via a card you pay a fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AndresVettori

Is the option of "Friends & Family" enabled for Argentina accounts? Is there a web page that lists all countries where this option is enabled? 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Calvinmwela30

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.