No Bank routing number

silvil
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm from Fiji and i need Pay-pal to transfer money to my account in Fiji but we don't have Bank routing numbers in Fiji due to our countries geographical size and location. We only have bank swift codes. I have been receiving money through Payoneer without any hassle from my previous vendors but my current vendor uses Pay-pal and now i'm struck without the routing number? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@silvil

Unfortunately, it's not possible to link any bank account other than a US bank account. The withdrawal of funds for PayPal accounts in Fiji is done through either a US bank account or a Visa card issued in Fiji.

Here is a PayPal link with details on account functions by country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Login to Me Too

silvil
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Cant paypal transfer the money straight to my designated bank account rather than going through the visa card issue as visa cards are only for the rich in Fiji. With Payonear, i didn't have such hustle as they paid directly to my designated bank account using swift codes. Now i am struck as i dont have a visa card and i want my payments to come through. OMG

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@silvil

Payoneer isn't an accepted bank for PayPal accounts because it's considered a type of virtual bank.

Login to Me Too

Mirie
New Community Member
Thank you for sharing and sorry you have to go through this. That makes the two of us. Looks like I'll be switching to Payoneer now. Sa macawa sara ga na going back and forth jiko vaqo with their customer support too.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.