New business and funds being held

ELEMENTZLTD

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to advise, we are a new business who are selling clothes, we are just about to make our website live and done a couple of trial runs today with people we know (myself being one of them) to ensure everything went smoothly for the order process through the website. We are offering a "click and collect" service to local people we know to avoid them paying postage on the goods they buy. However, the money is on hold with PayPal and its asking us to prove the goods have been shipped, how can we get around this if the customers have physically collected the items?

I've tried the "online chat" with no success as its an automated service.

Appreciate any help.

Many thanks

ELEMENTZ

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
That is PayPal policy. Basically you need to upload tracking information to get your money earlier. If you have left valid tracking info or buyer left a positive feedback you can get money within couple of days. You still can choose not to do that but without any of this money will be kept as pending for at least 21 days. PayPal wants to make sure customer got goods before you got money.
Login to Me Too

ELEMENTZLTD

Hi Insas,

Thank you for your reply, how would a buyer leave feedback through PayPal? I purchased an item myself as part of the trial run and ive logged on to my PayPal and cant see anywhere that I could leave positive feedback? 

Appreciate the help

Kind regards 

Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
You won’t be able to put feedback on PayPal. This should be connected between your business site and PayPal. Let’s say eBay style where if you paid via PayPal they see that transaction has shipping info and feedback. When people buy stuff do you give them some type of traceable shipping info? How is your business reflecting that item has been shipped for example? I think PayPal would need at least one carrier tracking info to see this as a valid and complete purchase. Even click and collect normally has a shipping info. I am sorry if I cannot be much more of a help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.