New account, withdrawals blocked.

lgd2
Contributor
Contributor

I deregistered as a limyerd company and was advised by Paypal to close the account and open a new one. I have done this and added the new payment feature to my new website. My new membership payments have been coming in, totalling over £2000 in the first week. I cannot withdraw a single penny. Every time I try and do so, my account is blocked. Customer services state as it is a new account, the Paypal 'bots' are seeing it as potentially a fraudulent withdrawal and blocking the transfer to my bank account. After numerous calls, I am told there is no way to override this and that I will have to allow my account to build uo credibility. This is totally inacceptable and quite ridiculous. The income into my Paypal account is my wage, my running costs and everything I need to operate. How can anyone contemplate setting up a new business using Paypal if they cannot access THEIR money. How ridiculous that nobody can look at an account and change the security settings. This is already damaging my ability to continue running as the whole of my membership is trapped. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

vwah
Contributor
Contributor

What happened? When/how did you get your money?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rishita

Hi @lgd2, and @vwah,  

Welcome to PayPal Community. 

As it is an account specific information, I would request you to contact Customer Service. To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter

I hope this helps! 

Rishita 

If this post or any other information was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. 

Login to Me Too

vwah
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately several conversations with customer service have given me no resolution and the same advice - wait 72 hours. Waiting has not worked for me, so I was trying to find out how these situations finally get resolved.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @vwah,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also encountering what sounds like the security system declining the withdrawals. Each attempt is viewed separately, but often times if there's already a factor causing the system to have concern about potential fraud, that would be exacerbated by multiple attempts in succession. This is why the representative asked you to try waiting. Unfortunately, if the initial factor is still active, that might cause further attempts to be blocked. If there are any issues that you can think of that might cause the security system to fear that there is risk, eliminating those factors would be helpful to future attempts for withdrawal. I regret that we're unable to give insight into what specific factors would cause a decline. 

I hope this information helps clarify a little.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

vwah
Contributor
Contributor
How can I know what this initial factor would be? If I don't get a specific instruction from PayPal, I have no way to fix the issue. My bank account is linked and my contact info is verified. There should be a way to know what is causing the problem.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.