New Seller on Ebay?Can i sell something expensive?

MarikadaMarika
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to everyone,i have a miner which costs about $1.3k i have no feedbacks on ebay,no experience with paypal,i have only item and want to sell it.is it possible? if it is,then what things should i do?or how to increase selling limit?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MarikadaMarika 

Expect a hold on the funds in your Pending Balance of your PayPal account. You must ship out the goods, once you receive payment. You may provide tracking number (it's optional but helpful for the customer to know where their package is) in the transaction. And make sure you ship to the shipping address on the PayPal payment.

Since you are a new seller selling a high value item, look out for scammers. Make sure you see a record of payment in your PayPal account first before shipping. Do not just believe emails that say someone paid. Log on to PayPal to check.

PayPal also does not hide payments from you asking for tracking number first, or asking you to pay a third party payment processor in order see or release your funds. If someone paid you, you will see the payment (on hold or not by PayPal) in your PayPal account. And make sure you use the correct PayPal email address on the eBay listing!

Good luck. You can also ask for advice on the eBay Community forums too for eBay specific questions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MarikadaMarika 

Expect a hold on the funds in your Pending Balance of your PayPal account. You must ship out the goods, once you receive payment. You may provide tracking number (it's optional but helpful for the customer to know where their package is) in the transaction. And make sure you ship to the shipping address on the PayPal payment.

Since you are a new seller selling a high value item, look out for scammers. Make sure you see a record of payment in your PayPal account first before shipping. Do not just believe emails that say someone paid. Log on to PayPal to check.

PayPal also does not hide payments from you asking for tracking number first, or asking you to pay a third party payment processor in order see or release your funds. If someone paid you, you will see the payment (on hold or not by PayPal) in your PayPal account. And make sure you use the correct PayPal email address on the eBay listing!

Good luck. You can also ask for advice on the eBay Community forums too for eBay specific questions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.