New Seller Payment on Hold

VA23
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - I'm a new seller of digital goods (a PDF document is emailed upon successful payment).

I recently completed my code and switched from Sandbox to Production to conduct a test transaction before going live on the website. That transaction went through correctly, however the funds were placed on hold and I received an email with a subject that said "$6.99 USD from XXX is temporarily on hold". I email stated that I could provide shipping info or print a shipping label to expedite shipping or "Update the status of your service or virtual product sale". I selected that transaction and updated the status accordingly which changed the status to a 7-day hold.

I'm actually ok with the payment hold as I understand the reasons for it. What I want to understand is how do I avoid the "shipping" issue once I go live since this is a digital product and there is no shipping. My code already has the parameter of no_shipping set to 1.

I'm hesitate to go live if it will mean I need to manually adjust the transaction for every sale. Or if it will lead to a potentially confusing or bad experience for my users. On the other hand, I understand one of the reasons that I'm on hold is because I'm a new seller without selling history - so perhaps I should go live and start accumulating selling history?

Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I hope this is the correct board (Merchant Products and Services) but if it isn't can someone please direct me to the right board?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

VA23
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - is anyone out there?

Login to Me Too

wpenman
New Community Member

Hi, I have the exact same question! I would love to know whether this will go away on its own after some number of transactions, or if there's some back-end setting that I need to be aware of.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.