New Paypal account won't accept card

kazzaa
Contributor
Contributor

I have just set up a new Paypal account as I wanted to change my surname after a divorce and it was so bloody complicated to do this. So I closed one account and set up a new one in new name - same email etc. But it won't accept my card - I only have one card, so can't use another one...the card was linked to the previous account but that has been cancelled/closed...anyone help here?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kazzaa,

I'm sorry to hear that the card is not able to be added because it is still associated with your old account. Please contact customer service for assistance getting the card removed from the old account and made available for use again. In order to ensure that you're discussing sensitive card information as securely as possible, phone is the best means of contact. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then log in or call as a guest.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kazzaa 

Did you remove the card before closing the previous paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vinay_kumar91
New Community Member
Yes i removed my card before closing account
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @vinay_kumar91,

Thank you for your post! If you did remove the card before closing the account and it cannot be added to the new account, please check the following troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kazzaa
Contributor
Contributor

No, I didn't. I didn't know I was supposed to.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kazzaa,

I'm sorry to hear that the card is not able to be added because it is still associated with your old account. Please contact customer service for assistance getting the card removed from the old account and made available for use again. In order to ensure that you're discussing sensitive card information as securely as possible, phone is the best means of contact. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then log in or call as a guest.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

kazzaa
Contributor
Contributor

All sorted, it accepted the card the following day. thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kazzaa,

Thank you for coming back to let us know of the outcome! I'm glad it's resolved now!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.