New Overseas PayPal Business Acct - Trouble linking to bank account

DelaWhole
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm an American citizen working abroad.  I'm the owner of a foreign business registered overseas.  I've opened a new business PayPal account and entered in the details of my foreign registered business.  PayPal accurately displays that my business account is for the country I'm located in.

However when setting up my account and trying to link bank accounts - it is asking for a Routing number and an Account number.  My bank account uses BIC/SWIFT codes, not Routing numbers, and I cannot get PayPal to recognize my SWIFT code or account number.  Can anyone please help me figure out how to get my overseas bank account for my overseas business to be linked to my new business PayPal account?

Thank you,

DLW

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DelaWhole

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DelaWhole
Contributor
Contributor
Opened it under PayPal.ma and gave local business name with local (overseas) Address and phone number. Now I’m trying to add my Moroccan bank account but am unable to link to PayPal because I need a field to enter SWIFT code. Does anyone else have any suggestions as I’ve performed these steps so far?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.