New Bank Account Woes

daveb55
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a UK PP account longer than I can remember, I have always managed it well with no problems, currently, I am living in the Philippines and I am doing some freelance work, the only way I can get paid for this work is through PP, so far so good.

I will probably be returning to the UK in Jan 2020 and then back to the Phils July 2020.

Before I left the UK I closed my old bank acc and recently I have been trying to set up my new UK bank acc in PayPal each time to be told sorry we can not verify it's you.

I am using a Monese bank acc in my name at my UK address that is also registered with PP

PP Has my passport details and a photograph

I am using the new Monese App on my phone that is now working in conjunction with PP

My phone number from the UK is registered with PP

What more can I do to verify it's me???

I have phoned the useless hep line countless times and endured the even more useless call steering system, finally, I spoke to someone in Dublin with an ounce of common sense and he could see the problem was that I have been logging in from the Philippines so it's assumed that it might be fraud. I gave him all the details and he said he would pass it on to the fraud dept and to give it 48 hours and all should be well. 

That was a week ago and I am still not able to add my bank acc

Any suggestions/ideas greatly appreciated

Dave

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @daveb55,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

As PayPal is a Country-specific service, you would not be able to use your account from abroad and this could be the reason for any issues you may face. I would recommend registering a PayPal account in the Philippines so you can use it when you are located there. 

I hope this helps.

Martina

Login to Me Too

daveb55
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Martina, I now understand that because I am logging in from the Philippines my account is locked by the system.

When I phone the useless call center, why is there nobody there that can unlock my account and allow me to add my bank acc?

I'm  told that they can not override the system and it is not humanly possible no matter who I speak to.

What is PayPal running on a HAL2000? Ironic that my name is Dave don't you think?

As per your suggestion, I tried opening a Philippines account, but guess what, you can not add a UK bank acc to this Grrrrrrr

As I am not a national here it would be difficult nigh on impossible for me to open a bank account here.

PayPal needs to realize that we are living in 2019, people live and work globally and should be able to access their account from anywhere in the world. Just like I can do with my personal bank account. Sure it has been blocked while on my travels, to protect me I understand that, but a quick 1 min phone call to the bank gets that unlocked.

Tell me where does it say in the T&C's that you can not access your PayPal account from anywhere in the world?

it's shoddy it really is and this is how I am treated for being a PayPal customer since it first started, its no wonder PayPal is losing the eBay business in the future.

Anyway, I have found the perfect solution, I opened a Payoneer account, quick and set up in minutes with my bank account verified, so goodbye Paypal as I am now closing my account.

Thank you and goodbye

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.