Negative balance

Colosal
New Community Member
Some scammer just chargebacked 250$ after i sold him a digital good 3 months ago.Now my balance is negative and i wanna know if i can just ignore it without getting my money withdrawn from my linked bank account or if i have any other options(except paying the debt)
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colosal 

Paypal can't help themselves from your bank account BUT when you authorise a payment during a purchase they can add that debt on to that payment and when you click to submit you would be authorising the debt to be cleared as well.

If you choose to totally ignore it then all paypal can do is limit your paypal account and then pass the debt on to a debt recovery agency to try and recover on their behalf.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colosal 

Paypal can't help themselves from your bank account BUT when you authorise a payment during a purchase they can add that debt on to that payment and when you click to submit you would be authorising the debt to be cleared as well.

If you choose to totally ignore it then all paypal can do is limit your paypal account and then pass the debt on to a debt recovery agency to try and recover on their behalf.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Colosal
New Community Member
Thank you a lot.But if they will hire such an agency,is it 100% sure they will get my money or they can just try and eventually fail?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colosal 

Sorry no idea how it would work in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.