Negative balance

Gmurphy92
Contributor
Contributor
I am currently negative in my PayPal account. Things have gotten bad financially for me these past few months and I couldn’t stop it but I am currently trying to pay it off. I was given a month (until 24th of April) to pay it off by PayPal’s debt collectors that was fine, I can do it in that time but the same day PayPal rings me demanding I pay it even though I had made a deal with the collectors, she then (person on the phone) started asking me personal questions about my finances. I said don’t worry its going to be paid, I made a deal with the collectors. She accepted and that was that. I currently have paid some off and still have time to pay off more but for some reason PayPal have tried to take the remaining balance out of my bank yesterday but the bank took it back and I am no negative in my bank because of fees. Why are they doing this?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gmurphy92 

Sorry but only customer services can answer that question, seems daft to me.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Gmurphy92,

I'm sorry to hear that there is an attempt to draw funds from your bank account. If there was a transaction associated with that time frame, the amount of the negative balance would be drawn at the same time as the funds for the transaction. Were there any payments made around the same time, or pre-approved payments such as a subscription?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.