Negative balance

Ajw12
New Community Member

It shows I have a negative balance but I have a card linked to my account? I’ve never had this happen. Why wouldn’t it just take from that card as it has in the past?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ajw12 

If you fund something from your bank account and there are no sufficient funds in that bank account then paypal will put your paypal balance into negative and normally try again a few days later, if that again fails then yes they should try your back up funding source ie card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ajw12 

If you fund something from your bank account and there are no sufficient funds in that bank account then paypal will put your paypal balance into negative and normally try again a few days later, if that again fails then yes they should try your back up funding source ie card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Robbie1985
Contributor
Contributor
Ajw12 hey thats a bunch of **bleep** cuz i never once told these scammers to cover anything for me so basically i never requested a charge account with these pos!! So what u are saying is that lets say for example that i dont have money n my bank account but hey let me send you $500 anyways cuz PayPal with cover it !! NO!! NO!!! NO!!! IT WILL SAY DECLINED WHEN I TRY SENDING U THAT $500 GUARENTEE OTHERWISE EVERYONE WOULD JUST HAVE FREE MONEY ON PAYPAL!!! SO THATS HOW I KNOW PAYPAL IS SCAMMING FOLKS NOW PLAIN AND SIMPLE
Login to Me Too

Robbie1985
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah im thinking paypal is just becoming scam artists cuz i have a negative balance all of ah sudden again for like the 3rd time ever and last time it happened i paid it to take me to $0 before calling them and when i called those scammers they said they couldnt find where and when i was negative!!! Plus why dont we ever get a damn notification or something that says how we got negative 🤔🤔🤔 so with this happened again im going to be talking with someone about paypal is scamming me out of my personal money when i have to pay a negative balance where they cant tell me why im negative. I never requested a credit charge account w these piesces of **bleep** ever either so no reason why peoples accounts are going negative all of ah sudden right?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.