Negative balance

Estellestella
Contributor
Contributor
Im asking for a friend since her english is not good, this is what she says, So i purchased an item a week ago, the item has not yet been sent but today i recieved an email from paypal saying there was not enough money on my bank account, and my paypal balance is now in minus. I dont understand, is the item now paid and on the way to me but i have to put funds to my balance to not be in negative. If i didnt have enough money on my bank account then why did the purchase go through in the first place? Can someone please explain this to me.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Estellestella 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later....if they are not available then paypal put your account into negative and try again a few days later etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.