Negative balance

accesslaw
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's account statement does NOT explain where their Negative Balance comes from. How can PayPal just magically create a NB without supporting transaction history?? I found a way to inquire to PP but NO ANSWER. Now I am getting harassed by a collection agency for an unexplained PP NB!!! Do I have to sue PP for defamation and aggressive bad accounting practices??? I had no idea when I signed up that a NB was even possible cause PP is just a transaction handler not a credit grantor! Is this NB some kind of fee imposed unilaterally not taken from the transactions at the time transactions are done?? WTF!!!!!!!'

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@accesslaw

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later. If there are no funds in your bank account OR card at the time they request them then they put your account into negative until you pay them back again. If you don't they pass the debt to debt collector agencies.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.