Negative balance and e-cheque

tinyturner
Contributor
Contributor

I sent someone an refund for a purchace which put me in a negative balance. As soon as i realised i sent money from bank to paypal balance. The money has left my bank on 26th april. Im still in a negative balance. Also, in that time it sent 2 echeques to ebayers, told them it would clear on 1st. It hasnt. They are still pending but the money left my bank on 27th. Help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tinyturner

Bank transfer using paypal is very slow as paypal uses the slowest (cheapest) transfer option which takes 5-7 working days.

Thats why 'normally' Paypal credit the seller and Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer.

The funds may have left your bank account but that doesn't mean Paypal have got them yet as it has to go via automated clearing.

Also clearance dates are 'estimates' but normally it clears pretty much that date or the following.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tinyturner

Bank transfer using paypal is very slow as paypal uses the slowest (cheapest) transfer option which takes 5-7 working days.

Thats why 'normally' Paypal credit the seller and Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer.

The funds may have left your bank account but that doesn't mean Paypal have got them yet as it has to go via automated clearing.

Also clearance dates are 'estimates' but normally it clears pretty much that date or the following.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.