Negative balance and PayPal charged me twice

Lawrence133
Contributor
Contributor

I buy a thing from PayPal. As I don’t have enough money in my bank account. My bank account become negative. After a day they returned the money to my bank and the balance of my PayPal account is -397.52. After that I got enough money in my bank and transferred money to my PayPal account making it 0 balance. But after a day they charge me 397.52 again for my bank account. <removed> is this

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lawrence133 

If you authorise a bank transfer that fails, then paypal will try again a little later as your balance is in negative.

IF in the meantime you transfer the funds as well then that means x2 payments are going to your balance.

Whichever one arrives second will credit to your balance OR fail and go back to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lawrence133 

If you authorise a bank transfer that fails, then paypal will try again a little later as your balance is in negative.

IF in the meantime you transfer the funds as well then that means x2 payments are going to your balance.

Whichever one arrives second will credit to your balance OR fail and go back to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lawrence133
Contributor
Contributor
But they now charged me twice and my balance is still 0
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lawrence133 

Exactly which is why i said ''whichever transfer arrives first will clear the neg balance''.

Transfers are not instant, takes 3-5 business days in your country.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Moawya
Contributor
Contributor

Also this happened to me, but it's complicated with currency change, but what is the solution? what kind of complain should be opened? 

Login to Me Too

Azulnauta
New Community Member

It happened to me to, PayPal already discounted the payment from my bank account but my PayPal balance is still negative!

Login to Me Too

jojojost
New Community Member

Yes, i have exactly the same problem and im waiting for my money for a week now and i tried everythnig.. paypal support don't even reply on my mesagges. And it's actually a lot of money and i really don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.