Negative account balance

alymck1
New Community Member

I recently made a purchase and did not have sufficient funds for the purchase. PayPal then send me back the money, but my account balance is now negative. If I pay back the negative balance, will that count as me paying the total for my purchase? Or will PayPal now also charge me on top of my negative balance? The email sent was unclear. It said I need to put funds into my account, but that PayPal still may charge me. Help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @alymck1,

I'm sorry to hear of the confusion with a payment made where there were insufficient funds in the payment method used. If the account was made negative, it sounds like the seller received the payment. If that is the case, the balance would need to be repaid to make it 0 again.

If the seller did not receive the funds, please contact customer service to allow a representative to comb through the sequence of events and determine what happened.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.