Negative Balance

LeslieBeckett
Contributor
Contributor

I have a negative balance of just over $10, but when I try and add funds, I get a message telling me that the amount exceeds the add funds limit.

So how am I expected to sort the problem out? I have tried contacting support, but have got no reply.

Any ideas, please?

Thankyou.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeslieBeckett 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeslieBeckett 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LeslieBeckett
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for you help. Much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

aprilraen26
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I had the same problem, a friend already sent me funds but it still shows negative balance. I tried adding funds using my debit card but it says I don't have permission to do it and should contact the person handles my account permission. What to do? Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.