Negative Balance that i paid for and PayPal withdrawing it again

kalekale
Contributor
Contributor

I had a negative balance on my paypal account,and i paid the amount with my debit card. It was written is gonna take a few days. The monay was immediatly withdrawn from my bank account. But than PayPal started as well to withdraw money,the same amount that i paid. So in the end i paid double. The amount for negative balance and the amount the PayPal took. But what is intersting is that on PayPal is still written pending for the tranfer i did. And if i go to resolution center and selcet this transfer i get an error. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kalekale

When you have a failed transfer / negative balance then paypal will keep trying to collect those funds whilst your balance is negative.

A bank transfer request is slower than a debit card payment so at the time you paid with a debit card paypal had probably already applied again for those funds.

So when those bank transfer funds hit your paypal balance then as you have already cleared the negative balance they will be credited to your balance and you can transfer them back to your bank account again if you want to or spend them from there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kalekale

When you have a failed transfer / negative balance then paypal will keep trying to collect those funds whilst your balance is negative.

A bank transfer request is slower than a debit card payment so at the time you paid with a debit card paypal had probably already applied again for those funds.

So when those bank transfer funds hit your paypal balance then as you have already cleared the negative balance they will be credited to your balance and you can transfer them back to your bank account again if you want to or spend them from there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.