Negative Balance eBay Refund

Noah135
New Community Member

I recently sold an item on eBay and received the transaction from PayPal. I transferred the money to my bank account, however now the buyer of the item wants a refund (which is perfectly fine). This caused PayPal to put a negative balance on my account of the amount needing to be refunded and I'm unable to add additional funds to my PayPal to clear this up and give the buyer his/her refund. 

With this issue going on I had another item sell on eBay and the funds from that item where added to my negative balance (shortening the amount owed).

What do I do to give my buyer his/her refund and how do I deal with the negative account balance on my eBay since I'm unable to add additional funds.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ktgiwf
New Community Member
I recently had this happen to me as well. I went to a store and paid to load card and went right thru but wouldn't went I tried credit card.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Noah135 

Normally you can issue a refund sourced directly from your bank account and not your paypal balance.

BUT if you want to use funds in that balance then to clear your neg balance the quickest way is to ask a mate or family member to use the friends / family option and 'send' you a payment to your balance, if they do NOT use a card to fund it but their bank account or balance then there is no fee. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.