Negative Balance Issues

KerriG1
New Community Member

My account is in negatives because of when my bank did not have enough money in it by the time paypal went to take it out of my account. Since then they have taken the money from my bank account but my PayPal account is still in negatives. Why is this and how do I fix it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KerriG1

Normally when you buy things transfer of funds from your bank account is never instant, paypal credits the seller upfront for you and then paypal takes the wait for the funds transfer to pay them back again, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item.

Funds 'leave' your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later BUT it actually takes 5-7 working days approx to transfer through to paypal as they use the slowest (cheapest) transfer options and it goes via the automated clearing house in 'batches'.

So this time its you that has to take the wait for the funds to transfer > paypal > clear your neg balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.