Need to withdraw money from PayPal but can't link bank account.

TheWinter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I work as a freelancer and I would like to withdraw my money from my PayPal to my bank account but it says that I've exceeded the maximum amount of links for my bank. I've lost the previous account that had the bank linked so I couldn't have used that, thus I made this one without knowing about this restriction. Also, I want to know how would I be able to withdraw now since I can't link the bank? Would it be possible for staff to manually add it?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

eniemi
Contributor
Contributor
You would need to provide ID and bank statement for PayPal support to remove your bank account that is linked on another account. For bank statement you would need 4 things that is: logotype of institute/bank, your name, your bank account numbers, date document issued or previous transaction. You could go to help menu and from there go to messages and write them the request and attach your ID and bank statement. Regarding your old account. If you cannot access it because of old phone number or anything like that, you could always try call customer support. As long the account is on your name and you know the email it has, as well if your bank account is added to it, you'll most likely need provide 4 last numbers of it. The support would then be able to help you reset your password, if you've access to the mail address it's connected to. If your old account would be limited though, it may still you need bank statement.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheWinter 

You can't link it again if the bank account has been linked to 3 PayPal accounts (in total) in the past. A bank account cannot be linked to any more than 3 PayPal accounts over its lifetime.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.