Need help with money transfer

markeichelberge
New Community Member

On January 28th, I received money from a friend for $63.75 and this shows in my transaction activity.  However, I do not see an option for transferring that amount to either my paypal balance or to my established bank account.  Is there a period of time that must elapse before this can be done or am I not finding the option to perform this transfer?

Thanks,

Mark <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @markeichelberge. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here in the PayPal Community Forum. Here's some information I hope will be helpful.

When a payment arrives, you don't need to transfer money to your balance, but the money may be placed in a Pending Balance. That's due to PayPal's Funds Availability Policy. You can see more on that at https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987. Once the money is placed in your Available Balance, you may then use the funds to pay for online purchases or you may withdraw the funds to a bank account.

It's also possible the System needed more time to update the amount in your balance. If that applies, it can help to log off from your PayPal account, re-start your system and log back on. If there's a transaction in your Activity, but no money appears in any balance (Pending or Available balance), log off again, and give the System more time to update. It may also help to use a different browser to log on to your account.

When money is in an Available Balance, you can see the options to transfer funds to a bank account by clicking on Transfer on the Summary Page (the first page that appears when you log on) or by clicking on your balance.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.