Need help on Confirming my Bank Account and how to enable 2 Step verification.

FG_Tagle
Contributor
Contributor

I apologize but I'm the type of person who needs a step by step guide on how to do these things. I'm not very savy regarding these type of things. I'm new to using this account, and the latest and current User Interface of Paypal confuses me. The step by step by guidelines I searched in Google are out of date and doesn't match the latest UI, and the "HELP" menu within Paypal itself is no help at all, the guidelines in the "HELP" menu seems out of date as well.

(Just to be clear, I've already linked my Bank Account, and I've also already have my phone number for my profile data that I will use for my 2 step verification.)

These are current guidelines I found displayed in the "HELP" menu that are no help at all. Inside the parenthesis ( ) I voiced out my concerns.

How do I confirm my bank account?

Here's how to confirm your bank account:
  1. Click the Profile icon next to "Log out" and select Profile and settings.   (Is it the gear icon??? It's the ony icon there)
  2. Click My money.    (I'm already stuck here, I can't find this anywhere)
  3. Click Update next to "Bank Accounts." (...)
  4. Click Confirm next to the bank account you want to confirm. (...)
  5. Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account, then click Submit. (...)

There's also a "confirm my bank account now" that I tried and clicked at the bottom of this guideline, but it didn't do anything.

What is 2-step verification?

Here's how to set it up:

1. Go to your your Profile page. (Ok, I clicked the "Gear Icon", then proceeded to click the "Your Profile" next")
  2. In the '2-step verification' section, click Update. (And now I'm stuck again, I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE!!!)
  3. Choose how you want to receive the code, then click Set It Up. (...)

PLEASE HELP! I don't know what to do anymore.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FG_Tagle 

1. Profile/settings is the gear option next to log out.

2. Try WALLET in the blue band at the top.

3. If you want to add a bank account click to add one.

If you want to confirm a bank account then click on the one added and then follow the info in the link

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-bank-account-faq3045?app=searchAutoC...

1. Click on the gear icon again.

2. Click on SECURITY in the blue band top of page.

3. Scroll down to 2 step verification and click on 'set up' next to it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FG_Tagle
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thank you very much for putting the time and effort to try helping, I really appreciate it, but unfortunately I'm still getting lost with the User Interface, I'll include pictures this time to be more clear.

This are my concerns when I tried to follow your guide...

I see no "WALLET" in the Blue Band  panel in the User Interface of the main Paypal website, however, I do see one in the Paypal-Community website, so clicked it but then...

Blue Band User Interface.JPG

After clicking "WALLET", it just put me in this page (below), I don't see any bank accounts here to confirm.

After Clicking Wallet.JPG

Just to be clear, I can navigate in the User Interface fine enough to be able to see my Bank Account, but when I do click my Bank Account in the page below...

Can see bank account.JPG

It just puts me here in the page below, I've got no option to confirm, the only option there is "Remove bank."

No options to confirm.JPG

So I tried other things. I checked my profile and account settings...

Profile and Settings.JPG

Under "Your Profile", I checked both "Login Security" and "Personal Information", and I still don't see any options to confirm my Bank Account there.

At this point, I also tried things to enable my "2 point verification", but I also don't see it anywhere. It should be there in the "Login Security", but like what the picture below displays, there's no option to enable it there. (see pic below)Login Security and Personal Information.JPG

So I then tried to confirm my bank account again, I clicked the "Account Settings" from that gear icon, I then proceeded to click "Money, banks, and cards" section next, then tried to edit my Bank account there but it still displayed no option to confirm it. It just shows the "Remove bank option" like the one in my earlier pics above. (My limit to upload images have maxed out for this post so I can't show it to be more clear.

I've already checked the link you shared to me regarding on how to confirm my bank account, it's the same guide I tried to follow in my original post. It seems out of date, what's displayed on my User Interface does not seem match its step by step walkthrough.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.