Need help getting a refund from Paypal

tisalenassi
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased something at the end of march and I didn't have enough money so now my Paypal balance is -13.99€ . Paypal took exactly 13.99€ off of my bank account on 28th of March, and my Paypal balance remains negative. It might be that it takes 5-7 business days to get the refund, but if it isn't that , I don't know what it is and that's why I'm asking for help.

Thank you .

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tisalenassi 

It would take about a week sometimes more for the funds to transfer from your bank account to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ky5
Contributor
Contributor

If your paypal went negative it means paypal fronted the cost for you and you now owe them that money.

Or are you saying that the transaction never went through and you never got the purchase but they charged you anyway?

Login to Me Too

tisalenassi
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an online game with not enough money on my bank account and because my balance was negative, I'm guessing Paypal took the amount (13.99€) from my bank account back as soon as I got money on it. And I thought my paypal balance would now be on 0.0 but it isn't. Is Paypal straight up just charging me because my paypal balance is negative Or? I'm asking because I have no other credit card to link to Paypal. Hope you understand what happened. Thank you
Login to Me Too

ky5
Contributor
Contributor

Ah ok so it went from your bank to pay back paypal but still shows negative balance on paypal. Yeah thats a little weird. Keep trying the live chat and leave them a message on it and they will get back to you but expect delays, I waited 24 hours or so for a response because they under staffed. Could be a glitch but i'd message them anyways

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tisalenassi 

It would take about a week sometimes more for the funds to transfer from your bank account to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tisalenassi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much,  my account is now on 0.00 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.